Tonight we took advantage of an after thunderstorm temperature break and headed over to the St. Clair Couny Fairgrounds for its annual fair. It is Mid-Americiana at its finest, complete with funnel cakes, ice cream, corn dogs and snocones. There was a chicken show and lots of carnival rides. I'm happy to report that Jack has NOT inherited my fear of amusement rides and went with joy on all of them. He even went on the Tilt-a-wheel, which made me sick to watch. The twins are doing great, except that they are teething, which is sad for us all. We are in the process of binky weaning, again, no fun. They are very sweet, though. Caroline has become a huge daddy fan, of which we are thankful. Brooke cares for no one but me. She is our reader and we find her from time to time in the playroom, quietly looking at books while the other two destroy our house. An academic, we're sure. Jack is really a little boy now, with great opinions about everything. He is lobbying me for a pet for his birthday. Yesterday he wanted a cat, today a turtle. I'm going to manipulate toward a turtle and hope he ends up wanting the fancy Buzz Lightyear with the remote control instead. Whatever that costs, it will be worth it to avoid care of yet another being! I went on another interview last night, with a small firm here in town that is thinking of changing its format. I felt good leaving the meeting, but now I am not sure. I always self doubt into insanity, so trying to just think of the interview as another step in the right direction. J is doing well, though he has had a tough week at work with difficult judges and irritating clients. Such is the life of a criminal defense attorney. Ah, well. Thankful for the break in the weather. Fun from the fair in the pictures.
Ashlie,
ReplyDeleteCute pictures. I can't believe Jack went on the tilta whirl. That bodes well for the August outing in Branson=Nana