Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day






Those who know me well know that I have a theory, developed in part by our former nanny, that videogames have ruined our generation of men. I say it halfway kidding and halfway not, but really out of frustration of the boatload of work that comes with motherhood. All in all, my kids have a great, great dad. He plays, reads books, comes home, earns a living, laughs and cries with them. We have our disputes, yes, but I am deeply grateful that I and my kids have J as our partner and dad. Great blessings abound. In memory of my own great dad, I am slightly sad this Father's Day, but because he missed seeing his grandkids, which would have been a great joy, particularly Jack. He wanted Emily to be a boy so badly he painted the nursery blue and painted footballs all over her crib. (Not to worry, she ended up being the favorite.)
We have had a busy couple of weeks. Jack has gone back to nursery school and though I believe we are developing a summer cold, has done much better going and enjoying school this time around. The twins reached the 6 month mark! CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT. The baby angels sleep from 8-11 p.m., when they take their last feeding and then rock sold from 11 p.m. to 5:30 or so. Life is getting better readers. Our great Grandma visited very briefly on a trip out west, but got to meet the twins, which was a great treat and a joy.
In the pictures, J reads to Brooke and Jack, Jack and J at the zoo, Great Grandma and Jack and my favorite shots....Brooke sleeping in her bed, she always sleeps on her side like this, too cute...and Caroline sleeping in her stroller. It's off to the pool on this hot Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment