J and I took Jack for his first day of school today. It was exciting, but a little sad as well. As J said as we drove away, "It's the end of an era." And it is. Our little boy is off in the real world of nursery school. He is in Miss J's class and he has 8 classmates. They all get a comment sheet on their day...."How did I feel today?" "How was my behavior?" "How much did I eat?" and "Did I rest?" Jack got a "happy and content," "played well with peers, listened to teachers and kept hands and feet to self," "ate most of his food," and "rested, no nap." He did cry when we left, but went back to playing within a few minutes. J's secretary said that the real test will be his reaction when we take him back the next time. Miss J said when I picked him up, "I have never heard a 2 year old talk so much. He just talked to us all day." Well, he comes from a LOONG line of chatters and advocates of one kind or another, it's inevitable. All in all, a big success.
Next week I am setting up my website and it will be the last week that we have our nanny on a full time basis. I'm actually really happy about it. I'll have her come two days so that I can work on my consulting business, but I feel very good about taking over the primary care of the children. She's a great nanny and we've been really lucky to have her, but I am really excited to have this time with the kids and to spend some time doing things my way. The corporate world is great and afforded us many, many luxuries, but this limited step away from it is really feeling ok these days. It's certainly not forever and I will go back if my business doesn't work out, but it's good to get some distance.
The twins are doing really well. Brooke had a rough day and cried a lot, I didn't get a good picture of her. Caroline is always grumpy around 5 p.m., I think she might have a little colic that kicks in around that time of day. It's certainly nothing terrible like the three hours of crying other babies have, but she does get really upset everyday around 5. Sigh. I brought a swing from downstairs up today, it at least got her to stop screaming.
In the pictures, Jack and his backpack and in the welcome area of his school. (They start the day in the gym with lots of scooters and cars.) Jack feeding our dog with nine lives Cheetos on the deck while I was cooking dinner (ah.....silence is never a good sign.) And Caroline in her swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment