This is why a mom of a two-year old need not buy Dior mascara. Yes, it's the best, yes, it works wonders, but in the end, it will be tasted, so stick with the Maybelline! Jack decided to paint himself and the bathroom walls a bit last weekend....this was while, mind you, he had a sinus infection and was running at half speed. I was in the shower for about 3 minutes during this escapade.
I missed a week of blogging, mostly due to a series of small calamities. Jack got sick on a Saturday and luckily, this was an "other" Saturday and his pediatrician's office saw him on VERY short notice. God bless 'em. Sinus infection, etc., but post-antibiotics, he's fine. He also had his 2-year well check up this week, he's 37 inches tall and 33 pounds. If you believe that doubling a 2-year-old's height at two equals his adult height, Jack will be around 6' 1''. Not as big as Daddy, taller than Mamma, more inline with the relatives. (And he had his flu shot and DID NOT CRY. Couldn't believe it. I almost did.)
Then, on Tuesday, I came down with a GI virus (yes, that's the official diagnosis and yes, I did take my flu shot, apparently it would not cover such illnesses. I don't understand medicine.) Long story short, I got dehydrated and had to go into the hospital for an IV. Once I got to the hospital, they also discovered I was having small contractions, brought on by the dehydration, so I had medicine for that as well, resulting in a day that was a real picnic. J was a champion, Nana took care of our little one and 7 hours later we released and fine. They gave me a few days of an anti-nausea drug (perfectly safe during pregnancy), and I didn't realize how often I am nauseous even without a virus. Too bad you can't take that medicine all the way through! The twins are kicking furiously and fine. They need to cook a little longer, full lung development occurs at week 32 (two weeks to go!)
Two days later, I interviewed with the new head of our department at work. He's a twin as well, we had a nice talk. I am hopeful that as things move forward the flex and part time work options will come to pass. Keep fingers crossed!
The c-section has been scheduled for 11:30 am on December 30. New Year's Eve in the maternity ward, J is undoubtedly SO excited! I'll have to sneak in a Jack Daniels and diet Coke, all will be well.
Later in the week, J made a push for Lauren instead of Claire. I'm still thinking about it. Love to all, thanks to everyone, particularly Nana for all the help this week. We'll hope to stay out of trouble for the next little while.....
No comments:
Post a Comment