Friday, August 22, 2008

Joie de Vivre



Much as I cannnot believe it, our Stinker turns 2 in September! As you can tell, he is embracing the toddler independence with spirit. He is a darling boy (I'm not at all biased).

I was the proud owner of an imaginary friend as a young child, mine took the form of a purple mouse. Where I came up with this, who knows? I had the purple mouse in my pocket until I was around 4, upon which I 'lost' it. I cried and carried on for days. Not much poor mom and dad could do to console at that point. I seem to have passed on the imaginary friend trait to Jack, who constantly shows us "Monkeys," in the closet, in the bedroom, under his bed, sometimes in the kitchen cabinets. Our wonderful nanny thought maybe we had a video or went to the zoo recently, but no. Now that we've told him there are no monkeys inside the house, he is now sadly saying, "No monkeys." I feel we've disappointed him. A trip to the zoo is certainly in order for the weekend. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment